Friday, July 17, 2009

"Inna lil-lahi wa inna ilay hi raji "

Umm Salama (RA) said: I heard the Messenger of Allah (SAW) saying: "There is not a slave afflicted with a calamity who then says: "Inna lil-lahi wa inna ilay hi raji "Inna lil-lahi wa inna ilay hi raji'oona, allahumma'jur nee fee museebatee, wa akh lif lee khay ran minha" (Reported by Muslim, and is #114 in The Authentic of Good Sayings) English meaning is: We are for Allah, and we are, to Him, returning. 'O my ilah grant me reward in my calamity, and cause it to be succeeded with good consequence for me. ... except that Allah would grant him reward in his calamity, and would succeed it with good consequences for him." (Muslim) She (Umm Salama (RA) said: So when Abu Salama (RA) (her husband) died: I said like the Messenger (SAW) had commanded me. So Allah caused him to succeed with one that was better than him for me: the Messenger of Allah (SAW). (i.e. she then married the Messenger of Allah (SAW) Subhana-Allah!!!